Martek Global Services, Inc. (“Martek”) is a Professional Services company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with an additional office in Huntsville, Alabama allowing us to be strategically structured to reinforce our nationwide support services. For over two decades our experience and dedication to customer service has been unparalleled as we continue to service many of our original customers from 21 years ago. From the beginning, Martek has established a solid reputation by seamlessly delivering solutions that have consistently exceeded both our commercial and government customers’ expectations. These successes have been contributed to over 20 federal agencies/bureaus in over 200 cities in 40 states whose awards and testimonials have recognized our high level of service and dedication to our customer’s mission and goals.
Martek has been awarded several long-term Federal contracts to provide a wide range of We are currently looking for a Contract Specialist III (such as former or retired GS-1102, or military equivalents, or any individual with the required specialized training and experiences outlined below) who also has the ability to manage a rigorous workload for our busy clients. In exchange for the right candidate, you will be rewarded with a well-paid, fully benefited, and exciting opportunity.
The Contract Specialist III shall provide professional acquisition support services for Martek’s customer. This individual shall be highly qualified and have significant experience working with complex and high dollar projects / contracts.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Contract Specialist III shall provide the full range of procurement related support services in support of the customer’s acquisition activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pre-Award Acquisition Support: Provide advice recommendations, and document preparation support to multiple disciplined offices in all areas of the acquisition pre-award phase. Acquisition pre-award support includes: SOWs & SOOs, Acquisition Strategy Support, Cost Estimates, Market Research & Market Surveys, Quality Assurance Plans, RFPs/RFQs, Source Selection, and other miscellaneous pre-award documentation.
- Award/Selection Support: Provide support the Contracting Officers and various technical offices in all types of source selections including formal, informal, and vendor screening processes. Sources selection/award support includes: Contract Award Documents and Contract Award Acquisition Support.
- Post-Award Acquisition Support: Provide advice, recommendations, and document support to multiple disciplined offices in all areas of the acquisition post-award phase. Acquisition post-award support includes: Contract Administration, Contract Modification Support, Delivery/Task Order Support, Invoicing, and Closeouts.
- Other duties as assigned
Baccalaureate degree AND at least 24 semester hours among these disciplines: accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
4 years of contracting experience and demonstrated proficiency in all core competencies.
Additional Desired Certification
- DAWIA Level I or FAC-C certification of Level I or equivalent within the last 4 years.
- Military or DoD Acquisition Training & Experience
- Previously Held Warrants
- Active Security Clearance
Additional Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated skill in obtaining and analyzing product and price data for contract negotiations, and conducting comparative analysis of vendor terms and/or price quotations with historical data to develop recommendations on vendor selection, terms, or prices.
- Should be able to effectively communicate with a high volume and variety of people daily.
- Specialized experience includes negotiating and awarding contracts, contract modifications, and/or subcontracts, developing, preparing, and presenting terms and conditions in bids or proposals related to the awards of contracts, evaluating methods and efficiencies of allocating costs through various types of overhead and general administrative expense, experience leading and/or providing technical advice and assistance to a group of professional employees responsible for the oversight and implementation of contract administration workload to include contract closeout, pricing, negotiations and/or contract modifications.
- Experience in supplies and service contracts is required; experience in formal source selections and research and development is desired.
- Experience in clerical or technical support work that primarily consisted of typing, filing, maintaining or verifying records, or other kinds of activities that did not provide appropriate experience as described above does not qualify, whether or not it was performed in a contracting / procurement environment.